Home Happenings: Quality Sofas for Small Spaces.
Getting the best use of space out of relatively small areas is all about furniture arrangement. And using a sectional sofa can anchor your space and make your living area look larger.
Whether you are furnishing a new home or simply redecorating, sectional sofas are timeless and popular furniture choices that can add character to a room. In addition, they can do a lot to reshape or divide a room. But for best results, you should choose a sectional piece with care to ensure the proper fit and also to reflect your personal design style.
Why Use a Sectional Sofa?
It seems counterintuitive to use a rather large piece of furniture in a small space, but designers use sectionals effectively in both large and small areas. Sectionals, like other types of furniture, come in different sizes. You can get very bulky pieces to divide spaces or you can choose minimalist pieces for smaller areas. Room size and architectural layout are the biggest things to take into consideration when deciding what style of sectional to purchase. For example, a larger sectional can be placed in an open floor plan that combines living room and dining room. Or in contrast, a more modern, compact design would be better suited for small, partitioned rooms. Another advantage to using sectional sofas is that many designs can be arranged in a variety of ways. For example, you could go with the standard L-shape, or you could opt to add pieces to form a U-shape or a J-shaped design depending on the available space and shape of your room.
Measuring for a Sectional
After you have a particular style and design in mind, it’s important to make sure it fits properly in your room. Here are some great tips for making sure your choice is a good fit for the area that you are furnishing:
- First, take a cloth measuring tape to the showroom floor and measure width and length of your furnishings.
- Buy a newspaper on your way home.
- Lay out the newspaper sections on your floor to the specified measurements.
- Position your coffee table in front of the newspaper and any end tables or accent furniture that will go in the room.
- Don’t forget to measure the door that your sectional will have to go through, as well.
- Small spaces can be hard to furnish, but sectionals offer a solution that creates a comfortable atmosphere and an inviting seating arrangement. And with the different styles and sizes available, sectionals can fit nicely into almost any living space.
OUR ADDRESSGuaranteed A Fine Furniture
4735 Tecumseh Rd. E.,
Windsor, ON Canada
Toll Free:(888) 343-4233
STORE HOURSOpen daily to 7pm
Thursday and Friday to 9pm
Saturday to 6pm and Sunday 12 to 4pm
Summer Hours: Closed on Sundays from July 1st to Sept.1st
4735 Tecumseh Rd. E.,
Windsor, ON N8T 1B6
Phone: (519) 948-1646
Toll Free: (888) 343-4233
Fax: (519) 948-1297
Monday10:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday10:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday10:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday10:00am - 9:00pm
Friday10:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday12:00pm - 4:00pm